Saturday, November 7, 2009

Bad Weathers A Brewing

Today weather was epic to say the least. Its always awesome to see how powerful mother nature can be. There isn't a man made thing on this planet that good ol mother nature can't tear down if she's feeling a little grumpy. I walked out my pod this morning and watched my roof fly right off followed by some serious wind. I wanted to run back in my room and put my jacket on backwards and just button the top and button and cruise on a bicycle or something. It was insane. I was just hoping I could throw some steel around as easy as she through my roof.

Burgener Warm Up X 2 rds with 45lb bar

Heavy Snatch Single
1. 135
2. 135
3. 145
4. 145
5. 150

Heavy Clean & Jerk Single
1. 175
2. 185
3. 185
4. 195
5. 195

My focus today was to go heavy but only as long as I was shrugging the shit out of the bar (my weakest part of my lift) and receiving the bar at the bottom of the squat instead of catching it in a power stance and squatting down which I tend to do under heavy load. I'm getting back on track and I'm feeling my strength start to come back a lot quicker the last week or so. Incorporating the Performance Menu's Oly session with the main sites wods has been working out pretty good.

Feeling good I've started to up my mileage on this short and monotonous 1/3 mile track but its better than nothing. I pumped out a 5k today and it started at a reasonable 7 minute pace for the first 2 until the dust storm from hell came out of nowhere and antiqued my ass from head to toe. Mix that with a little sweat and you got the same concrete the locals use to make their bomb proof houses out of. My beard was so heavy that it was pulling my bottom lip and jaw down leaving my mouth open for more sand. Pretty miserable and I will for sure be getting a weather report before anymore runs.

5K: 23:01

No comments:

Post a Comment