Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Why Deadlift, Why?

I've been out here just over a month now and I'm happy to see that some of my strength is getting back to where they were pre injury in July. I've noticed a significant drop in my stamina on met cons though which is quite irritating. I don't know if its the dust in the air or if I'm just plain old lacking intensity. In wanting to keep with the strength side of the house and still work my met con weakness, I decided to change up the main sites Cindy WOD. On top of that its already earned itself a girls name cause this morning at breakfast we all went over to the mils chow hall and I happen to be wearing a Crossfit shirt that my boy Rex gave me, and the boys were talking about how many dead hang pull ups I did with my kit on. We had some eavesdroppers cause when I said I wanted to be to do 80 kipping pull ups and some Navy EOD girl said thats impossible.
There was complete silence for a half second before everyone was chiming in, "who the F**K is that", among other Alpha comments. I told the girl I can already do 65 if she wants to put some money on it. Not believing me, we all walked out of the chow hall to pull up bars next to some tents and I cranked out 77 chin over the bar. Mindy, that is for you, so eat that along with your fat army chow. Thanks god for the butterfly kip. 80 is just around the corner. In honor of crushing Mindy spirit, I will name todays WOD after her.

WOD: "MINDY"
AMRAP 20 Minutes

4 HSPU's
6 Deadlift 245
8 KB Swings 1.5 Pood

RDS Completed: 10

Definitely need more hard metcons. That was a kickass wod, and I'll be doing that one again before I leave to see the change.

1 comment:

  1. Yeaaaaaaah! I love shoving it in someone's face! But dude...3 away from 80!

    ReplyDelete